High School Intern Program Feature – Codi Williams

Delaney Permenter, Reporter

Codi Williams, a 12th grader at Howe High School, is an intern for Elise Mitchell at The Mitchell Veterinary Services. She Interns the 6th and 7th hours of every day during the week.  ” Codi benefits my business by answering the phone when no one is around and helps out in the back of the clinic,” Elise Mitchell said. “Codi has learned new procedures when dealing with animals at the Mitchell Veterinary Clinic. Nice work,” Cindy Mitchell, Howe Business Instructor.

Q; Who do you intern for? What is your schedule?

A; I intern for Mitchell’s Veterinary Services. I go from 1-3 pm.

Q; Did you choose your placement? Why or why not?

A; Yes, I worked there over the summer and I really enjoyed the atmosphere. When working in the summer I was strictly a hand in the back, but now that I’m a intern I work the front also.

Q; In what ways has your internship had a positive impact on you as a student?

A; It has helped prepare me for real life events. I will be going to college and joining the workforce within the next year and I feel that, internship has prepared me for that.

Q; What kind of work do you do at your internship?

A; I do many things. I work with Livestock of all sorts, I give medicine, I clean, I sometimes answer the phone, I also greet and unload people.

Q; How has the internship has prepared you for life after high school?

A; It has gotten me out of my comfort zone and makes me work more towards my goals.

Q; What advice would you give other students about the internship, that are thinking about internship?

A; My advice would be to pick somewhere you could possibly see yourself working and to think it over before committing. At my internship we do things that would gross a lot of people out so think about the small things.

Q; What have you learned from your internship?

A; I have learned that I would like to pursue a career in the Animal industry. It has taught me communication skills, and how to talk in a more professional manner.

Q; What has been the most challenging part of being an intern?

A; I have the hardest time remember to get my papers signed. I know that it is my own responsibility, but I usually stay so busy I forget to have him sign everything.

Q; Is there anything else you would like to share about your internship?

A; I feel that internship, is very helpful and could be very constructive. I would switch internships every 9 weeks so you can broaden your look on further careers.