Greg Nichols New Job

Greg+Nichols+New+Job

Mason Lute, Reporter, Equipment Manager

Q: What does a typical day look like for you now that you are retired?

A:  A typical day varies with my position.  As an administrative assistant, I do different types of jobs on and off. It could be sports related or it could be maintenance related.

Q: How has the transition from full time work to retirement gone?

A: Being part time has given me the opportunity to enjoy my hobbies.  The transition has not been difficult.

Q: Tell us about your current part-time role at Howe?

A: Like I said it could be different each day.  It could be sports related or something that the administrators need help with.

Q: What drove you to take this job?

A: I don’t think anything in particular drove me into this.  I was worried about being bored sometimes, but this opportunity at Howe High School has taken away any worries that I might have had.

Q: Have you worked at a different school? If so, was it the same position?

A: I have had the opportunity to work at several great schools.  The position that I hold now is part time and all the other schools that I worked at were full time.  I have been an administrative assistant at various schools.

Q: How was the transition from coaching to Administer Assistant?

A: With coaching, I was always a worrier.  Did I prepared the team enough?  Are all my players passing their classes?  Do I need to go back and watch more film? By being an administrative assistant, I find out what needs to be done whether it is athletic or academic and try to get it done as quickly as possible.  No more worrying.

Q: What do you see yourself in 5 years?

A: In 5 years, who knows what I’ll be doing.  I may miss coaching and get back into it.  I may enjoy this part time position and continue to do this.
Who knows.

Q: Do you have anything else to tell us about your job here at Howe School?

A: I don’t know much else to tell you about my position at Howe, but I can tell you that working at Howe has been a very enjoyable and rewarding place for me to coach and work.